How does Five Guys make & cook their burgers?
Five Guys has one of the best tasting burgers out there, not only in its country of origin (which is in the US), but they are also well-known all over the world. So to help you with making one of these fine burgers at home, we are going to take a detailed look at how Five Guys’ burgers are made and how they’ve become one of the best tasting and most addicting as well:
The main point to look at when trying to recreate a Five Guys Burger is to keep it simple and keep it fresh, the fresher the ingredients the better.
Initially get your toppings ready:
- Grilled Onions
- Sliced Fresh Onions
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Deli Cheese
- Pickels Sliced
- 2 x ¼ lb of minced meat balls
- Seasame Seeded Bun
- Make a set of simple toppings out of the restaurant’s long list. Start with sauces such as ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise. Prepare some onions that you will eventually grill. Slice some tomatoes, get a handful of lettuce and have some slices of American Deli cheese as well as some pickles.
- In preparing the patty, take 2 x 1/4 Lb (A large hand full that fits in your palm) of minced beef (80/20 ratio) and put it in a stack one on top of another separated with grease proof paper. Use a burger smash to flatten them.
- Once flattened, grill them up but don’t put any flavoring or seasonings in it. Grill the onions and buns in the same pan.
- Cut your bun and place on the grill with the burgers and onions.
- Once the first of the patties is cooked, flip it over and put the cheese on top of one of the patties and let it melt. Once the second of the patties is cooked, put the other patty on top of the melted cheese. Take them out of the pan/grill.
- To prepare the burger itself, make the dressing in a very specific manner.
- First, spread the ketchup in three circular motions on the bottom side of the bun.
- Next, put on two circular motions of mustard on the same bun.
- Then put the grilled onions on the bottom bun as well.
- On the top bun, spread a generous amount of mayonnaise. Lay the lettuce as well as five slices of pickles. Lastly, put two big slices of the tomato on the same bun.
- To finish up, put the made up patties and melted cheese on the bottom bun. Close it up by putting the top bun on top of the patties.
There are a small number of set menus in Five Guys as essentially they are all customizable. And this is actually what Five Guys is well known for. But apart from it, the distinct flavor and the uniqueness of taste makes it the burger joint that you want to keep coming back to.
Enjoy and look forward to hearing your feedback.
If you would like The Meat Thief to cater for your wedding or special event we would be more than happy to offer the Five Guys burger option to your guests.. Ultimate Delicious Food
The Meat Thief