Recipe: BBQ cauliflower steaks – Vegan Special
We all love eating healthy and delicious food. A cauliflower steak is no exception. It is as healthy as it is delicious especially when grilled.
If you want to enjoy your BBQ cauliflower steak, you can season it with fresh herbs and lemon. We at the Meat Thief Catering Company understand what healthy living is. It is for this reason that we also do vegan BBQ catering although our name may not mention it we are passionate about vegetarian and vegan food. We are based in Hampshire and have been in operation since 2015. We cook entirely through charcoal and our meals are to die for!
Our Catering Company is self-sufficient and we always look forward to serving our delicious meals to our clients. Our sole motivation is client satisfaction and this is what has pushed us throughout the years.
The following is a good vegan recipe for BBQ Cauliflower Steak seasoned with Fresh Herbs and lemon.
BBQ Cauliflower steak with lemon, honey, and toasted walnuts.
So soft yet so satisfying!
- Number of Servings: 6-8 servings
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 large heads cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lemons (zest and juiced)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- teaspoon red pepper flakes
- cup chopped fresh parsley
- chopped toasted walnuts
- Lemon slices (for serving)
- Cut off the lower stem of the cauliflower in order to create a flat base so that it stands on the cutting board. From each cauliflower, remove the outer leaves.
- Rest the cauliflower on its stem; using a sharp large knife, trim off the sides and cut the head into 3 steaks.
- Using a small bowl, stir in the olive oil, honey, garlic, lemon juice, and the lemon zest.
- Heat the grill using charcoal until it is about 350 degrees hot.
- Using the olive oil-lemon mixture, brush each side of your cauliflower then sprinkle the brushed cauliflower sides with salt.
- Keenly place the salted sides of the cauliflower in the hot grill and brush the remaining top sides of the steaks using the olive oil-lemon mixture. Season with the remaining half of the salt.
- Cover the grill.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until the bottom begins to char the flip the cauliflower.
- Cover the grill again and cook for another 5 minutes until the cauliflower steaks are tender then remove from the grill.
- Garnish the cauliflower steaks with red pepper flakes, walnuts, and parsley. Serve hot with a slice of lemon.